|Brief Job Description
Our client is a creative technical event production expert, looking to recruit an exceptional technical event Project Manager in London.
Their Project Managers are a creative and dynamic team and work with a diverse range of clients to deliver stunning events – from conferences, exhibitions and showcases, to big parties and intimate dinners. Responsible for management and delivery of the technical production of high-profile live events at prestigious venues in the UK and beyond (Although mainly based in London), you will be expected to ensure we meet our clients’ high expectations, enabling your team to deliver the incredible service we pride ourselves upon.
The Project Manager role goes beyond event delivery – you will also play a part in supporting our clients’ ambitious plans for growth, assisting with the delivery of long term strategic goals, building customer relationships, identifying business opportunities and closing business deals, in collaboration with the business development team.
You will also be a brand ambassador, ensuring that they are represented, seen, heard and understood in the right way, in line with our culture and values.
This is an exciting role for the right candidate – every project is different and you’ll be involved with each event from start to finish, leading a brilliant team who specialise in making things happen. It goes without saying that the right person for this role will be a strong leader with significant experience of all aspect of technical event production and a commitment to demonstrating best practice. You’ll also be a great team player with laser-sharp attention to detail, who thrives on finding solutions to problems and keeps a cool head when things don’t go exactly to plan.
Responding to New Opportunities
- To assess and respond to new opportunities from existing or new accounts in a timely, on brand and coherent way. This may take the form of a basic quotation through to a full proposal including design and creative concept, 3d visualisations, event narrative, delivery timeline and client investment
- To manage the pitch/quotation process ensuring internal resource is utilised in line with the perceived value of the project/account
- Ensure all opportunities are recorded appropriately on to the CRM system in line with the guidelines
- Ensure all correspondence relating to quotations or projects is filed in the agreed location, accessible to all
Pre-production and Logistics
- To allocate and organise crew to include producing crew plans and crew briefing documents, ensuring information is entered on to the XXL scheduling software
- To allocate and book trucking, third party suppliers and subcontractors, accommodation and subsistence, health and safety requirements and access plant hire equipment
- To carry out accurate and methodical site surveys and liaise with venue and contractors as required
- Specify and book equipment using Inspire and sub hire suppliers (where required)
- To work alongside various internal resource disciplines to ensure equipment is utilised throughout the business in the most efficient and profitable way
- To co-ordinate and delegate specific tasks to HODs/relevant skilled personnel to improve efficiency and delivery of the end product, harnessing relevant skills
- To produce technical drawings to provide a detailed plan of the project for others to work from
- To produce a detailed project timeline for the benefit of the internal team and the client in order to achieve predetermined deadlines
- Manage and monitor the overall budget in line with the quotation
- Ensure payment terms are agreed and adhered to and relevant invoices are issued at the agreed time.
- Effective management of all on site crew and sub-contractors whilst maintaining an effective line of communication with all other relevant suppliers including the venue
- Ensure consistent, coherent on brand communication with the client, managing agreed expectations in terms of quality of delivery and agreed timelines whilst responding effectively and efficiently to any unforeseen situations
- To ensure safe working practices are adhered to in line with company policy
- To manage and where relevant delegate the responsibility of derigging post event to ensure all venues are left as found and the client is happy
Carry out where relevant both internal and external debriefs and record connected information on to the CRM system that will assist with the development of the account
On completion of the project, ensure a full reconciliation is completed to include sign off of purchase orders and/or supplier invoices, event related credit card expenditure and final invoices are issued to the client
To develop and or train other technical staff members where relevant as and when required with the company guidelines of best practice
Physical and social conditions
- Nonstandard working hours
- Working away from home
- Working both internally and externally onsite
- Working all year round
- Working weekends and bank holidays where required
- Working at height
- Working with plant and access equipment
- Working nationally and internationally
- Working in adverse weather conditions
- Working in stressful and high pressured environments to given timelines.
- significant experience of all aspects of technical event production in a leadership role
- great verbal and written communication skills
- excellent computer skills – particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- a proactive approach to solving problems