The purpose of the role is to work closely with Installation team members to deliver, install and maintain high technology products in to client premises both nationally and internationally into several vertical markets including corporate, retail, stadia/arena, DOOH and broadcast.
This role will be based in London but will involve a 5 to 6 month posting Mon to Fri in Birmingham
** Accommodation will be provided in Birmingham, There after the role will be permanently based in London **
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working closely with the operations manager, project managers, director AV integration and the growing installation team, to ensure that installations are carried out within the specified time-frame and guidelines.
• Mentoring junior technicians in the team.
• Providing feedback to the installation management team regarding specific installation and client issues on site.
• Provide ongoing support and maintenance to existing installations.
A broad experience of the following is required:
• Rack building/pre-wire
• Build custom structure, framework and bracketry to hang AV equipment consistent with industry safety standards
• Installation of LED Screens, Video Walls and Flat Panel Displays, Projectors etc
• Installation of AV control systems
• Installation VC/UC systems into meeting room environments
• Install audio equipment including speakers, amps, mixers, microphones etc
• Working knowledge of CMS and IPTV an advantage
• Ability to read, understand and follow build plans and schematics
• Conduct expert level of troubleshooting of all AV systems
• Structured cabling which includes pulling, terminating, soldering and testing all cable and wiring associated with audio/video cables
• Conduct terminations in accordance with system diagrams
• Experience working on construction sites
• Ideally holding CSCS card and have IPAF and PASMA accreditation.
• Manual handling tasks will be required when necessary for moving equipment
• Attention to detail.
• Effective liaison with clients
• Neat and tidy working method
• Good communication skills
• A “can do” attitude to work
• Ability to lead by example
• Flexibility and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Happy to share and discuss ideas with co-workers to achieve best solution to problems