|Brief Job Description
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER – AUDIO AND VIDEO
Based in South East London
Salary based upon experience.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading event production companies. Producing over 900 events per year, we work throughout Europe including within London’s most prestigious venues. From corporate conferences and awards ceremonies to experiential brand solutions, we’re a creative and supportive team with a shared passion for delivering extraordinary events and engaging experiences.
They are currently looking for a new project manager to join our busy technical department. You will be based in their London office, managing and co-ordinating a number of events on a day-to-day basis. Working with Producers on large events as well as managing your own client portfolio. This is a very social role and involves constant liaison with Producers, clients, venues, freelancers and suppliers.
The ideal candidate for this role will be either experienced in audio visual project management/coordination or an experienced audio / video / audio-visual engineer who feels they are confident enough to; project manage numerous events on any given day, liaise with clients and provide technical, creative and event support to a busy event production company.
The successful candidate should be able to display an excellent understanding of audio and video equipment used within and Events industry and have a minimum of 24 months’ experience in either the project management and coordination of, or, installation and operation of, all aspects of audio and/or video equipment in the live events realm.
This is a rewarding role with opportunities to work as part of a team, as well as individually, delivering a diverse range of events.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Production & Director of Technical Operations, your key areas of responsibility will be:
- To provide technical support and quotations for the Production Team
- To liaise between the Technical, Production, Operation and Warehouse Teams regarding equipment and crew requirements
- Produce equipment lists, plans and cable calls for events
- Produce H&S documentation for all events
- To liaise with clients, venues, agencies, artists, and other production houses as required
- To represent the company at site meetings, in supplier liaison and events
- Manage specialist suppliers to include rigging, set & stage etc
- To manage event budgets accordingly
- Manage and organise a busy workload with daily, weekly and monthly tasks
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of our project processes and systems
- Extensive experience of live events both in an operational and management capacity
- A very good technical understanding of; audio & video equipment used on events, signal paths and connectivity – experience and knowledge of audio and video system design
- Experience and competency in fault finding of temporary installations.
- Experience and knowledge of large scale projection, conferences, Mac & VT playback
- Project management and coordination
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm, energy and the ability to work flexibly and accurately with tight deadlines
- Client management
- Team player
- Good understanding of MS Office
- Experience of London’s events industry and suppliers
- Experience of LED displays, media servers and video processing systems such as Encore, spyder
- Knowledge of lighting for events/theatre
- Knowledge of R2 software
- Driver’s License
- Experience with rigging systems and power generation
What we offer:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- 00-5.30 Monday to Friday (weekends, early mornings & evenings as required by the nature of the event). Overtime or Time off in lieu offered
- 28 days holidays inc Bank Holidays
- Varied & interesting projects in London’s top venues with the opportunity to travel around the UK and occasionally abroad.